The Center for Photon Sciences (CPS) is a multidisciplinary research center established at the Faculty of Science and Technology at Uppsala University (UU).
The center's purpose is to promote the photon-based sciences at Uppsala University and to give the faculty, ranging from the board to individual reearchers, advice on matters relating to this area of research at the local, national and international level.
The Center for Photon Sciences will:
- Make available different photon sources as tools for new groups of researchers
- Create synergies and partnerships internally within the faculty between constituent groups and new stakeholders
- Create a broad common base for external collaborations and use of facilities in Sweden and abroad.
- Initiate new training programs and coordinate courses at the postgraduate and Masters levels.
- Organize interdisciplinary seminars with invited international speakers.
- Promote the development of photon sources (such as free electron lasers, High Harmonics Generators) and techniques for experiments at these.
- Based on scientific developments and the university's needs, further develop the center's operation.